Sunday, November 4, 2012

Can We Skip Thanksgiving?

I just have to say I'm looking forward to Christmas so much more.  Even though the thermostat is still reading between 70 and 75 degrees, I'm having that after-Halloween wishful thinking of snow, desire to bake hundreds of cookies, and urge to wrap everything in sight!


Add caption
Luckily, our Christmas culture lends itself naturally to artists, and I have been busier than Santa's elves making cards and prints of all things Christmas.

Okay, okay, I'll back off a bit on the joy.

Going around town during the holidays is another one of my favorite ways to enjoy the season, and I thought I'd share my new Christmas cards as well as some places where I enjoy Christmas.

Old Sacramento has long been a favorite, with stops at:
Artists' Collaborative Gallery
Evangeline's
Taylor's Art and Soul




See card
See card
 If you're willing to venture outside of our capital, however, another worthwhile stop is The Haggin Museum Store in Stockton.  Christmas keeps itself small but bright here, with clusters of handmade ornaments and quaint Santa Clauses perched stoutly atop the tables.  You won't find any brash bargain signs or harried sales associates here, and you are free to enjoy the delicate displays as though time itself had stopped.

I have to warn you to expect many more Christmas posts this month and next month.  What can I say--it's the most wonderful time of the year.



Browse my holiday cards below:

make custom gifts at Zazzle

1 comment: